Oregano is a plant with very strong healing properties. It contains many antioxidants that protect the body from free radical influence and valuably stimulate the immune system. Oregano oil is famous as one of the most powerful essential oils which can substitute antibiotic!
The Greeks were the first to discover the effects of oregano oil and the first to use this oil for medicinal purposes. They mainly used it to eliminate inflammation and pain, since it acts as a powerful antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral drug. In fact, even the father of medicine Hippocrates used oregano oil as an antibacterial agent.
Oregano essential oil contains carvacrol and thymol. These compounds have a strong antibacterial and antifungal effect. The oil is extracted from carvacrol, and the leaves contain phenols, ursolic acid, triterpenes, rosmarinic acid, and oleanolic acid.
Carvacrol is a phenol with a wide spectrum of action, ranging from the elimination of pathogenic fungi, yeast, and bacteria. It destroys microorganisms, even drug-resistant ones.
Oregano oil can destroy at least several types of bacteria. It is effective against E. Coli and Listeria, which means that it can be used to promote the health of the gastrointestinal tract and prevent fatal food poisoning.
Oregano can replace the synthetic chemicals that we use today. It inhibits the growth of seven tested bacterial strains and is more potent than other plant extracts.
The most important benefits of oregano oil:
- Oregano oil acts as an alternative medical drug capable to kill certain pathogens resistant to antibiotics.
- Beneficially affecting the production of leukocytes, oregano oil effectively fights against viral infections, with the herpes virus in particular.
- This effective remedy will help to quickly and effectively cope with respiratory diseases, relieve sore throat, relieve swelling of the nasal sinuses, and help expel phlegm from the respiratory tract.
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties determine its use in dentistry to treat gums and relieve toothache.
- Oregano oil helps get rid of dangerous intestinal parasites: Giardia, tapeworms, and roundworms.
- Protecting the body from bacterial infections, oregano oil does not destroy the natural intestinal microflora, unlike drugs with similar effects.
Oregano oil is an affordable product. The content of antioxidants in it is much higher than in most fruits and vegetables. In addition, it contains phenols – extremely useful compounds for the body. Oil can help you fight bacterial and fungal infections, inflammations, and pain. A wonderful natural antibiotic substitute.